[DeTomaso] Big Bend Open Road Race 23-26 April

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:53:07 EST 2008

   I ain't SKEERED of nuthin...the word is ASKEERED.  You're right, I don't leave TEXAS unless my country (TEXAS) calls.  I let my passport expire and can't get back in from Dallas or Houston.  We are very nice to all the tourists
from strange lands like California and Utah.  You're always welcome here.  Along with all the things you mentioned about your trip to TEXAS, you missed some things like the unlimited rock throwing contest, the assault rifle fence cutting course, the nude flag man show, the chesse and moonshine tasting, the starting line fuel pump rebuild seminar and the race day pre-dawn smartass remark challenge.

  I remember you taking the Pantera away from the Vette guy that night.  They remember the Pantera guys taking
about 20 trophies away from them too.  That was one incredible awards ceremony in Pantera history.  You guys just
had to be there.  140 cars ran and 10 Panteras stole the show.  I'd like to try that again.  All the officials still wear the shirts and ask about Gruppo Rompiculi.  I think I'm down to the absolute simplest way I can find to time your runs now, so we should get some more wins again.  I hope Gary and Sylvia will be there with the Mangusta.  Steve Hawkins just told me he'd be there.  Will Kooiman will be there I hope.  Dave B?   JT?   MadDog?

  I'm not whining, I'm really askeered about getting this damn thing back together in 85 days.  I'm gonna have to start
robbing liquor stores again.  130hp is about right.  I just hold it to the floor the whole way and I just make the 100mph
average as I cross the finish line.  Not to fast but you gotta admit it's consistent.  If anyone wants to know how to
build a solid 130hp Cleveland, let me know and I'll share some secrets.

  If you think you want to run in April make your room reservations now. You can always cancel.  I'll have all the
timing material ready with almost no typos.  Check the site at www.bborr.com for details.  I'll answer anything
and help anyway I can.  Just let me know.  Be there.

Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa Y'all

Wooooooooot?
Duuuude, just get your Pantera done and stop whining....blaming your imaginary lack of HP for only going 100 MPH with a 130HP?  Pleeeeeeeaze!.

And if you think the BBORR is the best then its only because you haven't been to Ely, Battle Mountain or Arnold Nebraska where men are men and sheep are afraid. YOU won't go to any of the other 6 Nevada and Nebraska road races cause you is SKEERED...hell you won't even leave Texas to go to Dallas...

The only thing that is any good about the Texas Big Bend road race is Justice of the Peace, obviously the parties, the 2-way course with 50+ turns in each direction, the unmarked blind off camber turns as you crest hills on a 2 lane road, the turkey buzzards too fat to fly, the incredible hospitality you and all the Texas faithful provide....and wait a minute, there has got to be one thing I don't like about it.....oh yea, its trying to digest that Fort Stockton chicken fried steak! ;-]>

Dawg
P.S. Don't forget the Nevada and Nebraska ORR's. michael frazier <red3644 at hotmail.com> wrote:
The site says it's only 85 days until the race. If you're planning on coming make you hotel reservations NOW. It sounds like we may have a good group of Panteras out there again. We've had 5 and 10 cars running before and all the officials and towns people keepasking me about coming back. We've made a big impression on everybody and they love the cars. I also love harassing that Vettegroup from Colorado during the awards ceremony. Big Bend starts the ORR season and I still thinks it's the best. I can't stress enoughhow great all the people are. The officials, citizens, racers all.All I have to do to get ready for April is build a car with little spare time and no money. I hope to start putting an engine together in the next few weeks and then put the rest of the car back together. The last engine put out about 118hp at the flywheel. I'm hoping to get a good 125-130hp out of the new one so I can move up in speed class. I've won the 100mph group 4 years in a row and I'm trying to get them to make a 107mph class as I think 110mph might be too big of a jump. I'll worry about that later. The biggie is basically building a car in 85 days. What, me worry? If I can do it some of you guys can too. Houston? Dallas? Nobody from Dallas has ever made it. Is there a Dallas group anymore? Anyway, just be there.MichaelGruppo Rompiculi Corsa Y'all_________________________________________________________________Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser!http://biggestloser.msn.com/_______________________________________________Detomaso Forum Managed by POCAArchive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/DeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at list.realbig.comhttp://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
Mad Dawg Antenucci Team Pantera Racing
The 1st & still the only vintage race team in open road racing www.teampanteraracing.com