[DeTomaso] Fw: Axle Bearing help

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Thu Jan 31 20:19:58 EST 2008

My Quella-modified bearings died of water intrusion as well.  I drove my car
at the track in a hurricane (that'll be the last time I do that.)  There's
another Jersey Panteras member with similar woes, but I don't know what
water exposure he has had.  Everything else I've done with Dennis has been
great.  When I inspect the design of what he has put together, I would never
ever had anticipated such a problem.  I'm sure he didn't as well.  The seal
appears to be sufficient.  Its really a mystery to me how water gets in
there so easily.  I don't pressure wash my car, nor do I squirt any hose at
the back of the axles.  Not sure I could too easily if I tried.  It would be
a tough thing financially for Dennis to rework every upright set for free,
especially if you don't have an improved design available to stop the water.
I can't figure out how to do it.  It's a bitch, but I guess that's going to
be the way it is.