[DeTomaso] NPC-1988 GMC Smog Test

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 12:26:33 EST 2008

Congrats!

Chuck
(Driver of several "Belch-Fire" V8s!)

      Great news to report!  Fully expecting  to fail my California smog
test,  (after nearly failing two years ago),  I was amazed when I passed
with flying colors!  I mean I didn't just pass,  I smoked the test!  No pun
intended.  My truck put out maybe 10% of the emissions it did two years ago!
In preparation for this year's test,  I did four things different.  First
off,  I added one quart of the Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer.  Next I used
the CRC Guaranteed to Pass,  Emissions Test Formula,  Complete Fuel System
Cleaner.  I replaced my standard AC Delco spark plugs that had 99,000 miles
on them.  The same plugs had 73,000 miles on them during the last test two
years ago.  (Maybe that was my Problem).  Finally,  I got the engine good
and hot before testing.  I drove to the facility in lower than normal gears,
turning higher rpms.  I want to thank all of you guys that responded,  for
your help.  It was much appreciated!

Art