[DeTomaso] LAS VEGAS TRACK EVENT REGISTRATION

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 23:20:20 EST 2008

Are you attending the Fun Rally this year?  Planning or thinking about putting your car to the test of some real track driving?  Thursday and Friday, May 1 and 2 are for you.

PCNC will once again be sponsoring the Las Vegas Speed Trials, two days of track racing at Spring Mountain, located in Pahrump, about an hour from The Orleans.  Many of you have joined us before, and we invite you to return for 2008.  And for you newbies, we are again offering a GREAT discounted price for newbies who join us for the first time in a De Tomaso and running group C.  How great?  TWO DAYS for $150.  You’ll spend that much on a nice dinner on the strip, and then be hungry three hours later.  At the PCNC Speed Trials,  you’ll get HOURS of driving excitement for the best price around.

The soon-to-arrive POCA February Newsletter will have all the information you need.  For our non-POCA owners, the same info is available at our  PCNC website - www.panteraclubnorcal.com/track.htm

Registration is easiest using the online form, which is now functional after a couple weeks of India-based glitches.  Then payment can be made online using Paypal, or with snail mail and a 41¢ stamp.

Please note the required tech inspection is to be completed PRIOR to the event;  you will turn in that form during check-in at the track.  Inspection beforehand means no surprises at the track, and also makes things much smoother on opening morning.   All of the regular vendors can perform your car’s inspection, and there are also qualified members who have volunteered to do inspections.  That list can be found here - www.panteraclubnorcal.com/track_inspectors.htm

If your location is not near these inspectors, relax.  You can have another mechanic check your car, but first he will need to contact Charlie Puckett, our Race Director.  His number is on the Inspector List.  And if all else fails, track-side inspection may be done, but if you fail there may not be the time or the parts needed to get you running.

PLEASE NOTE:  The registration early bird deadline of February 1 has been extended to March 1.

Any questions?  Feel free to contact me, Mike Drew or Mark McWhinney.

If you have ever wanted to push your car, learn its limits, get professional instruction or just stretch your Cat’s legs in a safe, no hazards or traffic environment, the Speed Trials are for you.  We hope to see you there...DRIVE IT!!

Larry Finch
PCNC Motorsports Director