[DeTomaso] Axle Bearing help

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 17:14:01 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/28/08 6:29:56 PM, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> I need some help with replacing my taperred bearings.
>
>>>*Tapered* bearings?   If you have converted your rear uprights to tapered
roller bearings, they should never need to be replaced.

Do you mean you want help replacing stock bearings?

> I've removed the axle nut. Now what? Do I need to press the axle out? Do I
> need to press the bearings out afterwards?
>

>>>Changing the bearings (assuming you have stock bearings) is a non-trivial
job, requiring a press, special fixtures to support the brake rotor, press
tools, etc.

The full procedure is detailed in the factory shop manual; are you
referencing that?   Or are you going forth in 'pioneer mode'?