[DeTomaso] Initial Virus e-mail is:

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 16:00:37 EST 2008

Thanks Chuck!
  Dave Adin? I knew that guy was behind this! ;-]>

  Dawg

"ProvaMo.com" <Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I checked the archives and I found:

[DeTomaso] hi
davidadin at mercydurango.org davidadin at mercydurango.org
Wed Jan 23 16:33:22 CST 2008

Your document.

+ + +

As being the first Virus occurrence e-mail on the list.

So perhaps this person (David Adin) should virus scan his computer(s).

It could also just be that this was the first e-mail address in the infected
computer's address book. Anyone have David in their list? Be safe and
purge him now - grin.

Luckily, attachments are stripped from postings, so no one will get a virus
from a post. Unluckily, MANY people have their address book filled with
DeTomaso people, so whomever is infected, is likely sending the virus to
other DeTomaso people directly.

So a note to everyone, besides scanning your own computer, be very careful
opening any direct e-mail from a fellow member on our list. Usually the
subject line is a giveaway.... As MOST of us are good at selecting a
descriptive subject line. The Viruses have to use a generic subject line
to get the average person to think it is valid, and applies to them.

It is obvious that someone on this list is infected. It is necessary to
have an e-mail account that has signed-up or registered in order to be
allowed to post.

So EVERYONE should scan their computers.

See the recent postings, (A good one is from ASA JAY) regarding virus
protection. Search using Ad Aware, AVG, Antispyware etc... for suggestions.

As the first affected address (Adin) is not in my address book (and I virus
scan regularly) I know I am not infected. Although I did run fresh scans to
feel comfortable.

Chuck Melton

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org

Checked by AVG Free Edition.