[DeTomaso] Water Flow Direction?

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Jan 27 18:28:58 EST 2008

The heater valve will not stay shut if the flow is in one direction and will stay shut in the other. I don't know what way the factory hooked the heater up but after changing the flow to the self sealing direction on my car I have experienced tremendous improvement of its function. The argument that the heater core will not be under pressure if the valve is on one side of the core or the other is not particularly interesting. The system pressure is way higher than the pressure difference between pump inlet and outlet. The only thing to do from a safety point is to install shut off valves in both lines.

Tomas