[DeTomaso] Fuel Line Question

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Fri Jan 25 12:30:15 EST 2008

     I'm getting ready to drill and tap my fuel tank drain plug for a 3/8 NPT fitting and fuel line to run to my fuel pump.  I don't imagine there is a readily available reducer to go from the tank threads to NPT?  I thought about using a 1/2 inch line from the tank to the pump,  but it looks like 3/8 fuel filters are a lot easier to come by.  I am using the RobbMc mechanical fuel pump with 3/8 ports that is supposed to support 550 HP.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Art