[DeTomaso] A presentation on race oil basics from Joe Biggs Oil

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:04:56 EST 2008

> What about Amsoil?

I have no data on Amsoil products.  You might contact them and check for
an independent test at bobistheoilguy.com.

> Forget solid lifters....I have a stock Pantera! ;-]>

Solid lifters?  This discussion pertains to flat versus roller lifters.
You are running roller lifters and don't have the issue of sliding
friction.

> Do you think I or any of my fellow List slackers need to pay the added
> $4-5 bucks a quart for a stock rebuilt engine if they are changing out
> the oil and filters after every race?

If you are running an oil with 800 PPM ZDDP in an engine with a flat
tappet cam with stiff springs and an aggressive lobe shape, then you
are asking for trouble.

Dan Jones