[DeTomaso] NPC - Truck Shopping

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 00:53:19 EST 2008

Hope things work out! Let us.

tony DiGiovanna <tonydigi at optonline.net> wrote:      This car search is all very interesting.  I feel more empowered and informed this time than any previously.  I know exactly exactly what I want.  I have the additional experience of age.  I have the cash.  I have the time.  I know car sales are slow.  I have many years of knowlege from internet surfing and posting with you guys.

  I have taken your approach.  Nearly all the internet sales interfaces have a spot to add a text note.  I've done essentially what you recommend.  One dealer has responded beautifully, with an emailed offer price (a good one) a summary of what's on his lot, and a list of what's close on lots for 150 miles radius.  He was a terrific help on the phone when I called.  I'm going Saturday to discuss further.

  Here's my favorite:  I go to the Ford Direct Website, enter my specs, issue the soliciation to the several recommended local dealers.  One dealer, 1/2 mile from here, where I previously bought a car (minor bad experience therein) responds: No email.  Calls me on my cell.  I can't take the call, but arrange a time to call back.  I call then. I get the receptionist who takes my name and puts me on hold.  She comes back to tell me the salesman is "busy with a manager" and wants to call me back in a few minutes.  I never get the call back.  The Ford Direct website sends me an automatic follow-up email for my request posted for this dealer.  Its says if I have any comments or questions about the Ford Direct Service or the Service I receive from the dealer to email them at wecare at forddirect.com  I send them an annoyed email at that address and it bounces back.  wecare my ass....and they sit in their leather-upholstered offices wondering why their market share is dwindling.