[DeTomaso] Engine Detail, Hood Vent refurbish questions

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:47:38 EST 2008

90% of painting is the preparation of the surface area., a great primer that
has been slightly roughed up will always look better when painted than
anything else, for the black in the area that you mention and if you really
want a high gloss, PPG makes a two part epoxy system that dries tough enough
to resist chipping, etc.

I'd have the vents powder coated for the best possible result, they will
have samples to look at with regard to color and sheen, I'd always walk
outside and compare it to the car in the sun.

Michael in Savannah.