[DeTomaso] Need picture from Concorso Italiano 2007

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Tue Jan 22 14:43:16 EST 2008

We will be submitting a short article for the Concorso Italiano 2008 Event
Magazine.  Laurie was kind enough to retype last years article and email it
to me.  See below.  I will just make some updates.

Now, we just need a good picture from last year's event, preferably of last
year's winning Pantera or other De Tomaso car.  Please email me pictures or
URLs to pictures that we can use.

In 1973, a group of enthusiastic DeTomaso Pantera and Mangusta owners began
to hold regular meetings at Peyton Lincoln-Mercury in Long Beach,
California.  From this group of classic car owners, desirous of ways to get
the greatest pleasure with their automobiles, emerged the Pantera Owners
Club of America.

Over the ensuing years, the POCA organization has solidified and matured to
the point where there are 18 chapters today, and over 1,000 loyal members
worldwide.  POCA is also recognized by DeTomaso Modena, S.p.A., Modena,
Italy.

Membership in POCA combines both the benefits of the National Programs along
with the proximity and flavor of the smaller congenial chapter affiliations.
There's no question that POCA members thrive on activity, thus the Club and
its local chapters make a concerted effort to provide a wide range of
functions to satisfy every member's desires.  Activities are plentiful year
round, with regular meetings, guest speakers, technical sessions, social
events, speed events, swap meets, rallies, stunning Concours d'Elegance
shows, the traditional yearly International Convention held in Las Vegas,
and the additional major annual events held in Reno, Nevada and the Poconos,
Pennsylvania.

Additionally, POCA takes pride in its vintage race team, Team Pantera
Racing, truly a team to be reckoned with.  Team Pantera Racing continues a
tradition of being the only vintage race team to compete in both the Silver
State Classic Challenge and the Nevada Open Road Challenge, as well as many
other sanctioned events.

Members of POCA are also kept apprised of Club and Chapter activities and
the latest technical information in the Club's two publications: the full
size, 38+ page, monthly magazine, POCA Newsletter, and the richly
informative and pictorial quarterly, Profiles, which no De Tomaso enthusiast
should be without.

Membership is open to any De Tomaso owner or aficionado.  Annual dues are
$75. US, and $90 elsewhere.

For more information visit our website at www.panteraclub.com.  For
information on membership please contact: POCA Membership Director: Judy
McCartney, jpoca2 at hotmail.com, 6092 Trinette Ave., Garden Grove, CA 92845