[DeTomaso] IR-EFI Delivery - DON'T TOUCH IT! Christmas Arrives a Little Late

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 15:39:28 EST 2008

Its finally here. The long awaited much talked and written about IR-EFI system designed and built and balanced by Mike Trusty.

  I think the last time I got this excited about opening a box was when I knew my dad bought me a new Daisy BB gun. You know that feeling....You ain't supposed to know whats in the box but you do but you gotta pretend you don't know...well you all know what I mean.

  In this case I knew today what it was but still when I opened that box and looked at those 8 monster polished stacked throttle bodies, linkage, fuel rail and custom Kelly Coffield intake staring back at me I just stared right back at it for about 20 minutes. I didn't even move the box....I didn't move, my Lazy Boy didn't move, the box didn't move...nothing moved.......it was just like this California zen like moment...birds were singing, life was good and then my 17 year old daughters shrill voice in the background interupts;

  "Dad, WOT are you doing retard?"

  I immediately covered the system with my body like she was a dangerous foreign live frag grenade and the IR system was my best buddy....In my head I hear
  I LOVE YOU MAN, and then I hear myself screaming;

  "GET BACK..........DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON'T TOUCH IT" ....She ran (okay walks) away...... Its been a couple hours now. ....neighbors came by but I didn't answer the door...telephone rang and that ain't getting answered either.

  I now somehow have to find the strength to now move beyound being paralized from finally having it in my hands. It needs to go to Dick Drenske's shop so he can finish his  job but for the rrest of the afternoon and tonight that IR system is gonna sit next to the Lazy Boy recliner  as I watch over her....just like I kept an eye on the Daisy BB gun I got for Christmas so many years ago.

  Never give up your dreams. . .And thank you Mike Trusty.
  She's beautiful beyound anything more then I could say or write here.

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com