[DeTomaso] What happens when we discuss DeTomaso...

Robert Simpson R.Simpson35 at Verizon.net
Sun Jan 20 15:17:06 EST 2008

Chuck,

The wheel finish is oxidizing but on a good note, I picked up a set of
beautiful pristine Campys with BFG Euros for couple hundred a few months ago
(6-8?).  I purchased the wheel/tire combo from a gentleman in Orange county
(Gary?), he is a former Pantera owner and he replaced the Pantera with a
Modena.  My plans are to eventually powder coat the wheels on 3468 and have
a clean set of unrestored pristine wheels on the side for future use or
cash.  I'll get some updated photos of the mounted wheels/new wheels and ID
plates on the car.  For most getting pics seems easy enough but for me it
takes several hours for me to get the Pantera out of the garage.  I am
dealing with bulging discs in my lower back that have degraded from one disc
to three.  I'll roll her out and get a few updated pics for ya, it's just a
PIT, you don't realize how much you need your back until you try to sit in a
Pantera, LOL.

Anyway,  thanks for the kind words about the car, she sits in her little
time capsule (garage)waiting patiently without complaining, it's been well
over a year since she has had any real attention focused on her.  My friend
Perry in Redlands keeps me motivated when it comes to the P car,  he is
quite possibly the best friend a guy could ask for.  He keeps telling me
about the stuff we can do to 3468 when I get better, gives me something to
look forward to.
Anyway, I usually just observe/lurk but when something catches my eye, I
feel compelled to speak out.

Best regards,

Bob
Hemet CA