[DeTomaso] Flywheel and damper recommendation

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 02:30:01 EST 2008

Larry Stock and I did some digging on this when I purchased an Al flywheel, primarily as I complained about his pricing.

It turned out that the part Mustang Depot and a few others were selling is lower grade Al (I can't remember off the top of my head what grade and didn't keep the e-mail) and cut from Al rod, whereas the higher $$ ones are higher quality. I ended up going with one of Larry's that has predrilled bolt locations for Ford 10.5", Ford 11" and Centerforce clutch patterns.

That said yes there are a number installed in Pantera's out there and performing, depends on how severe the duty I guess. If severe then it may be wise to find out more on materials of construction.

Julian  >>The Mustang Depot - Fidanza 164T - < $300 - not from Summit.>>>> It comes with a removable weight so, it is either neutral?, 28.2, or 50. >It's either 28.2 or 50.>>For an offshore part, it seems decent enough. Several Pantera >dudes on this forum are running them with no problems. Mike