[DeTomaso] George and PURGOLD

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Thu Jan 17 19:35:45 EST 2008

I had heard a couple of weeks ago that that George had cancer and the he had
chosen to forego treatment given the inevitability of the outcome.  I am
surprised and saddened that it came so quickly.

I had met George a few years ago at Las Vegas.  He had PURGOLD parked in the
primo spot on Fremont directly across from the Plaza where all the people
walking down Main St. and Fremont could see it.  I introduced myself and
soon found George to be as much of a character as his over the top car.

I do not know what the plans are for the car, but I do hope it ends up with
someone who can take good care of George's legacy.