[DeTomaso] George and PURGOLD

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 19:11:07 EST 2008

I remember one year at a 'Vegas Fun Rally that George's car was parked in the
Fremont Street display with the decklid open, and while I was standing there
with him, two black 'fancy ladies' with mile-high skirts and heels sauntered
up, looked in, saw those two big gold-plated nitrous tanks he had strapped
above the ZF, and one said to the other in awed tones, 'LORDY, THAT ONE GOT ROCKET
POWER!! THEY'S TWO ROCKETS BACK THERE!! And they backed away and walked on. I
thought ol' George would expire from laughter right there.....
Miss him already- J DeRyke