[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 42, Issue 17- ALUM FLYWHEELS

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 12:34:49 EST 2008

My alum flywheel experiences

Pantera with a slightly modified Cleveland
like Jack stated was streetable but when I
put the Steam Roller 345's out back you could
tell the torque was down

The Pantera with my currrent 411" srtoker
makes little difference in the torque but
it revs so quickly due to the flywheel and
advance bushing in the MSD that most
people cannot believe the response

The Firebird has an alum flywheel but
has a steel interpiece.... this car is 440 ci
has 430hp but 520 lbs of torque... the breaking
of the motor due to the flywheel is increadible
and very noticable.  It works nicely in the autocross
car with the motor doing much of the breaking on course
This was one of the best changes I have made
in the car since owning it the past 17 years and 7 or 8
engines

Bob Benson