[DeTomaso] Fw:  IR-EFI PLUMBING SANITY CHECK  - NEED PHOTOS

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 13:52:57 EST 2008

Auto mfgrs use in-tank pumps so the liquid acts   as a sound-deadener for
pump noise and as a lubricant and a coolant for the pump's works. Various Mustang
& aftermarket pumps are pretty small diameter and will fit through the
existing hole in the tank for the fuel sending unit. Although I haven't personally
done it (I gotta try it with a low-pressure in-tank pump for a carbureted Ford
4 cylinder), it appears that a Mustang pump can be fairly easily attached to
the Pantera fuel sending unit and deliver out through either a new line you'll
have to add (for '71-72 senders) or the stock out-line ('73-up senders). If
your EFI system uses a return line (not all do), you can use the std out-line
banjo as the return on an early tank-even one thats internally rust-perforated,
or add a leakproof bulkhead fitting to the filler spout. FWIW- J DeRyke