[DeTomaso] more pictures and an oil question

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 01:18:17 EST 2008

 The Shell Rotella I know of is Rotella T and is 15W-40. They also make a Rotella T synthetic which is 5W-40.?
The advantage of the oils approved for diesels is that they have significantly more ZDDP to protect the high-load valve gear in those engines.? Oils approved for gas engines only are tapering down their ZDDP content because the phosphate can supposedly damage cat convertors.? Even the diesel-approved oils are tapering down some, but they still have way more than the gas engine oils.

So unless you know for a fact that the Royal Purple has as much ZDDP as the Rotella, you're better off with the Rotella T (or the equivalent oil from the other major manufacturers--I believe Delvac is about the same)?

If you look on bobistheoilguy.com you can learn more about oils than you care to.

Jim Oddie