[DeTomaso] Air cleaner

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 14:42:43 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/12/08 11:42:46 AM, BillsStore at aol.com writes:

> I want to get one of the horizontal cleaner set up with a filter at
> each end.  A backfire burned up my old round top filter so good excuse for new
> setup. (lots of screaming and hollaring instructions.  Note, an  engine will not
> start or suck the flames of an air filter into the motor.)   Looking for a
> good source for the horizontal filter.

Jegs or Summit Speed Shops sell the Holley 'dogbone' air filter system brand
new. Its in their on-line catalogue as well as the paper one- for around $250.
Do not hurt your back putting the heavy unit on your car alone- get a helper.
Note-Jegs/Summit (as well as Costco etc) also sell fire extinguishers but the
usual ones full of baking soda will cause nearly as much damage as a fire
unless the loose corrosive powder is removed almost instantly after use. Look for
a halon gas extinguisher- and yes- they are still sold legally in spite of
the efforts of algores. Every Pantera, racer or not- should carry a minimum
2-1/2 lb extinguisher of some kind. All our cars carry one-including the SUV.
FWIW- J DeRyke