[DeTomaso] Cutting chrome tips

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 15:44:11 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/12/08 12 38 37, duz185 at ori.net writes:

> I don't want my tips to rust, so what I might do is cut the tips where they
> connect to the muffler, cut the tips in half, then have them re-welded to
> the muffer. That way the ends of the tips are left unaltered.

Yes, you shouldn't be cutting through the chromed portion, but rather through
the area where the pipe makes its undesirable bend, which is upstream of the
chrome.   You shouldn't have to cut the tips at all.

Somebody (Doug?) please post a photo of Pre-L Mind Train mufflers so he can
see what he's aiming at?

Thanks!