[DeTomaso] Exhaust colors

Mike Murray mjm at knology.net
Sat Jan 12 11:45:10 EST 2008

Good Morning, Put the 73 on the rack this morning to change out the headers for a pair of ceramic coated ones. Pulled the right one and found that three of the pipes have the typical black color but one had a clean white color. Called a mechanic friend and he said could be a small head gasket leak. I pulled the plug on that cylinder and plug was clean. Pulled the one next to it and it was a little bit cleaner. My mechanic said that we can do a block test to see if any gases are leaking back into the cooling system. Any other suggestions before I bolt the headers back up? And what are the torque specs for the header bolts?  Thanks Mike # 5379  Charleston, SC