[DeTomaso] Can't Play Youtubes - NPC

Trevor Fougere trevor at fougere.com
Sat Jan 12 01:08:04 EST 2008

I ran the CNET test and for whatever reason, it grossly under reports my
bandwidth.  Most probably due to congestion at their servers.

I have had much better results using:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

I use either the Flash 8 based or Java based tests.

You'll like the Flash based test...you get a little dashboard with a
speedometer with big numbers on it.
(pick the server that's phsically nearest you...although it doesn't
guarantee it's the fewest number of hops (routers traversed) across the
internet from you to it,

If Flash isn't working properly on your machine (also a reason that video's
and youtube etc may not work)

Go to

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockwa
veFlash
<http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockw
aveFlash&promoid=BONRN> &promoid=BONRN

and download and install the latest version.

I'm showing 5665 Kb/sec download and 366 Kb/sec upload using Comcast

Enjoy

Trevor