[DeTomaso] Can't Play Youtubes - NPC

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Sat Jan 12 00:13:23 EST 2008

Just and FYI.  AOLs brouser IS MS Internet Explorer.  Microsoft wrote it
especially for AOL.  No wonder it wont work, Microsoft didnt want it to.
Cant give the competition something better than what you have.  And AOL
cant switch to something else because of some contract with Microcrooks.

Dave "Have I said I dont like MS" D

At 03:14 AM 1/11/2008 EST, you wrote:

>In a message dated 1/10/08 21 48 49, SOBill at aol.com writes:
>

>> When trying to play Youtubes thru AOL, everything comes as
>> spurt-pause-spurt-pause-spurt-pause.
>>
>> I'm sure AOL will be no help.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>Open a proper browser.   AOL's browser SUCKS.   If you don't already have MS
>Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator or whatever, download it and install
>it.   Then, go online as usual, but instead of typing the address in AOL's
>browser window, launch the proper stand-alone program and watch YouTube.
>
>Recognize that you can't use YouTube properly if you're still on dial-up.
>Well, you can, but it's painful.   When you first load the video, it will
play
>in fits and spurts as it SLOWLY loads.   A four-minute video might take a
half
>hour or more to load.   But once it's fully loaded, you can just replay it
>and it will play normally.   When I was still on dial-up, I would load a
YouTube