[DeTomaso] Can't Play Youtubes - NPC

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 03:14:41 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/10/08 21 48 49, SOBill at aol.com writes:

> When trying to play Youtubes thru AOL, everything comes as
> spurt-pause-spurt-pause-spurt-pause.
>
> I'm sure AOL will be no help.
>
> Any ideas?

Open a proper browser.   AOL's browser SUCKS.   If you don't already have MS
Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator or whatever, download it and install
it.   Then, go online as usual, but instead of typing the address in AOL's
browser window, launch the proper stand-alone program and watch YouTube.

Recognize that you can't use YouTube properly if you're still on dial-up.
Well, you can, but it's painful.   When you first load the video, it will play
in fits and spurts as it SLOWLY loads.   A four-minute video might take a half
hour or more to load.   But once it's fully loaded, you can just replay it
and it will play normally.   When I was still on dial-up, I would load a YouTube
video and walk away and do something else for a half hour, then come back and
enjoy it.   I finally crawled out of the primordial ooze and got cable
internet a few weeks ago and it is SO worth it!!!