[DeTomaso] seatbelt bar

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 02:18:06 EST 2008

Did I tell y'all of the Hall shoulder harness bar I found installed on a show
car, that was fastened(?) in with a pair of expanding concrete anchors and
lag screws? Apparently whoever did this lost the old bolts and was unaware OEM
anchor bolts are 2-1/2" long. So thinking the threads were all stripped
out, the 'mechanic' put this abomination together. I noticed the bar seemed
loose and when I pulled on the straps, the bar came off in my hands. A simple
pair of the proper bolts, along with cold-bending the bar ends to match this
particular cars dimensions, fixed the thing. When I climb into someone elses
car, I ALWAYS try the safety harnesses before flooring the thing. I recommend the
practice-
J DeRyke (who also once found a show car that had aircraft seat belts- a
plus- with the ends simply tucked into the seat cushions; no bolts used at all.)