[DeTomaso] oil-burning question

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 20:05:23 EST 2008

Just my 2 cents, Has anyone said anything about the stock valves? FIRST, I'm NO mechanic! But, if you are going to make an effort to correct to problem. Maybe now would be a good time to just pull the heads and change the valves also? If they are the original stock valves they are two piece valves and can come apart?

  Jack and others can tell you more about that!
  Good Luck

JDeRyke at aol.com wrote:
  In a message dated 1/7/08 6:36:41 PM, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> The challenge of course would be removing the valve springs while the heads
> are still in the car.  Can that be done?

Sure can. But it takes some extra tools most owners may not own. An air chuck
to screw into the spark plug hole of the cylinder you're working ojn, a
valve-spring compressor designed to work on an assembled engine and a few other
bits. Its easier to do if you've once seen it done! Good luck- J Deryke

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.