[DeTomaso] Simpson Restraint Systems

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 16:27:56 EST 2008

Yo Trevor,

  First thing to remember is don't cut off the date cert tags on the harness....Orr/SCCA etc Tech will want to see those. . . Secondly drill the hole far enough forward to ensure after your seat is adjusted its not rolling up and over the seat and third, don't cut any excess belt off until you know how much you need to adjust the complete 5-point with YOU in it.

  ORR tech will inspect how secure your harness is 1st and what dates are on your belt certs second or versa visa. And never ever  spill any coffee on your harness... ;-]>

  Dawg

Trevor Fougere <trevor at fougere.com> wrote:
  So...I received two boxes today with my Oct 07 manufactured 5 pt restraint
system to replace my Oct 88 manufactured 4 pt system.

Each box politely informs me that: "Motorsports are dangerous. This article
is sold without warranty, expressed or implied. No warranty or
representation is made as to this product's ability to protect the user from
any injury or death. The user assumes that risk."

Oh well...so much for spilling my hot McDonald's coffee and being able to
sue them when I'm dead.

All of which leads to the two questions I have.

1 - How far forward of the seats should I drill the hole in the floor to
attach the 5th pt of the system? The intent being, of course, to allow the
buckle to ride lower over my fat little belly with the waist straps lying
flat over my hips.

2 - Given that the 5th pt is excessively long, will I render the restraints
incapable of passing safety inspections for events such as the Silver State
ORR in the event that I cut it or any of the others back to a length that
will result in a minimum of excess material?

Thanks in advance

Trevor