[DeTomaso] 24 hours of Le Mans classic, 2008

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:08:02 EST 2008

Hi all,

Greetings all,

Please see the following link for a "brochure" for our plans for July, 2008,
when we'll be spending a week visiting chateaux in the Loire Valley and
attending Classic Le Mans.

http://members.aol.com/PanteraGT5S1985/Misc/lemans2008.pdf

Basically, we did the same thing for this trip as we did in 2007 - flip
through a few guide books of the area, surf the internet a little, and
select sites that looked interesting and hotels that sounded good, at least
on the Internet. In 2007 we had pretty good luck, and the surprises were
few. But we've never been to the chateaux listed, nor the hotels listed, so
we can't know if we are allowing enough time for each site, too much time,
or what. The area itself is rather small, so if we have excess time we can
either take in another chateau that didn't make the list, go wine-tasting,
or just hang out.

This is something completely informal - no program, no start times, no
formal registration process... Anyone interested in attending should make
their own reservations using the links provided and drop me an e-mail so
that I know who is attending and when. The one possible exception is for any
non-British purchasing from Just Tickets. International shipping is pretty
expensive, so if people want to have their Le Mans tickets sent to me in
Spain with my tickets, I'll bring them along with us and they can save
themselves the shipping cost.

Please take a look at the file and let me know what questions or suggestions
you might have. As of this writing we have at least 8 Panteras confirmed for
Le Mans and many more people thinking about it.

Hope to see you there!
(Note - if the link thingie doesn't work, let me know and I'll send the file
direct. Forum software and all prevent it from being sent directly...)

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness across Europe"
http://members.aol.com/PanteraGT5S1985/