[DeTomaso] seatbelt bar

Dave McManus dave at damardirect.com
Tue Jan 8 09:36:31 EST 2008

Greg,

Your bar "broke loose" ?

Indy Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Jacobs [mailto:greg at jacobsracing.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 10:14 AM
To: adin at frontier.net; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] seatbelt bar

The seat belt bars as less than ideal if you expect it to save yer life.
Under heavy breaking the bar will stress and flex. I cannot imagine that it
would prevent injury if an actual accident were to occur. I had one and
swapped it for a four point roll bar. It felt much more solid and provided
the added assurance that I would not take the passenger with me when the bar
broke loose. Just not a good design.

The seatbelt shoulder mount point is used to tie it to the bulkhead. The
tension is not directed to the correct location and the bar deflects under
load. Very dangerous.

Greg "dude, where's my car?" Jacobs