[DeTomaso] Especially for the skeptics (that means you, Mr. Drew!)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 02:37:05 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/7/08 23 26 21, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> It was fun and so far the thing seems to work great!

As the continual skeptic on this modification, I have to say that you
executed it in a very professional manner.   But when you say 'it works great', what
exactly does that mean?   If all you mean is that the fans turn on and off,
that's not saying anything.

Did you perform any empirical data collection, to compare underhood
temperatures at various points both before and after the modification?   This exercise
was purportedly undertaken with the specific aim of lowering temperatures.
Did you achieve measured success, and if so, under all conditions, or what?

I'm not rock-throwing here (well, to be honest, I must throw some well-aimed
rocks at those exhaust stacks), but rather trying to determine if YOU have
accurately determined if there was anything gained by the effort--or indeed, if
perhaps there might have been something lost even?

If nothing else, it was a fun engineering and fabrication exercise, and the
ricers will love it too. :>)