[DeTomaso] Moroso Race Filters vs HP-6's race filters Re: Dip Stick Tube Leak Solutions??

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jan 6 18:15:50 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/6/08 3:04:39 PM, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone have any real data on the Filter Mag (magnets) that attach to
> filters? Understand they last a lifetime!

Magnetizing the filter case is one of those it-can't-hurt-and-may-help
things, especially if its cheap-like-dirt. Remember the filter magnet I built &
wrote about 15 yrs ago, using a strip of magnetic signage left over from making
our autocross number plates? A tiewrap plus the strip's own magnetism holds it
on at over-140-speeds just fine, and its still there today- transfers without
trouble to new filters. 'Is there a good guard around the drive belt for your
dry-sump? Belt loss or breakage from a rock or other junk is the #1 engine
killer on dry-sumped engines and the street is far worse than manicured racetracks
for debris. Cheers- J DeRyke