[DeTomaso] Gearing

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Jan 5 10:34:24 EST 2008

Mike is correct.  I rode in the Dennis Yogi's Hawaii 5-0 car was very
impressed with every aspect of it.  I had no idea that the early cars were
so good.  It had outstanding acceleration and the suspension operated
quietly and the car had no rattles.  It was among the nicest riding Panteras
I had the pleasure to experience. I was very impressed.  The power contrasts
sharply with the later cars - no comparison.

As most on the Forum are aware, Dennis owns another more aggressive Pantera
that was up on a lift parked above the 5-0 and an absolutely gorgeous
Mangusta that he has been cleaning up.  Also, among the nicer Gooses that my
eyes have been treated to.  All parked in a garage attached to a house on a
hill with a backyard porch that overlooks Pearl Harbor!  If only I had
worked a little harder......  :^)

Dennis, also thanks for the sightseeing suggestions - we did find Leonard's
and the aquarium.  Here, here for the Portuguese donuts.

JT