[DeTomaso] Gearing

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Sat Jan 5 09:10:07 EST 2008

So . . . Tom's problem was the motor and not the gears?

This is the wonderful thing about Amerika, you can have what you want
(to pay for?) no matter what gets elected for president.

Now, your Scirocco (how evAr its spelled) will probably spin over.  I
doubt the Ford engineers ever geared "aunt tilly's" station
wagon/torino/ranchero/whatever to spin more than about 2500 at highway
speeds.

Those of us that don't live 20 minutes from Sears Point need a little
cruise speed with out spitting the exhaust valves out the tail pipe.

Hope the weather is treating you OK.

best,

Quoting MikeLDrew at aol.com: