[DeTomaso] Fast File Transfers NPC

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 01:52:45 EST 2008

I need to send a 16Mbyte file to a friend in France.
AOL says it will take 34 mins!!!! uploading to their FTP  system. I assume
the recipient will also spend 34 minutes downloading the  file.
My cable modem tests at ~ 500 kbps. Not very good. But, it is  what it is.
kbps = kilo bits per sec? kilo bytes per sec?
Let's assume kilo bits per sec 500kbps/8 = 62.5  kbytes/sec
16,000 kilo bytes/62.5 kbtyes/sec = 256 secs
256 secs/60sec/min = 4.3 min    HUH?

Does anyone know of a trusted, fast file transfer interface mailbox  sort of
site where the file can be transferred and then picked up by the  recipient?

Many thanks, if you do,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com