[DeTomaso] looking for a block

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Thu Jan 3 20:39:56 EST 2008

Dear John,

            My machinist is a local Ford guy.  He has learned of my interest in Clevelands.   He has a deal for a Cleveland gearhead.   This short block is the end result of, um, failed communication between the customer and my machinist.  Once the short block was prepared to spec and the bill presented, the miscommunication became obvious.    Here is what my machinist has for sale:

             351Cleveland short block

             Eagle Crank  3.750 stroke
             Eagle rod  6.200x 2.100
             Diamond Piston Doma Open Chamber
             043x043x3.0 mm Ring  +  gas ported 4.040" bore
             Decked and bored forty over
             Align honed
             ARP Main studs
            Poly Dyn Coated main and rod bearings
            Schnieder Roller Cam
                  Int: .632      Ex: .631
                  Duration .050"   251         267
                  Lobe separation  108
            Sonic test results available.

                   $4,200                    Call Gerald Brand    405-745-3332

                                       Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles