[DeTomaso] Condenser Relocate

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 16:48:17 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/2/08 12:36:36 PM, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> Does anyone have photo's they can send me of the relocated A/C condenser
> and dryer? Do I need more than the new condenser, dryer and hose kit from the
> vendors?

Forest Goodheart can advise better than I, but I'd suggest a compressor
overpressure cut-off switch, and closed-cell foam strips around the edges between
the front mounted condenser and the radiator, with a stand-off of about an inch
between the two to cut down on radiation effects. I use a thinner than stock
condenser of the same length & width as stock. I'd also advise putting the
dryer where it can be seen without having to remove a wheel or the use of
mirrors. I mounted mine up in the right-hand edge of the front trunk behind the
battery, which only required a shorter, fatter than stock dryer- and was a bit
cheaper. FWIW- J DeRyke