[DeTomaso] Eastwood Rust Encapsulator vs. POR15

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Thu Jan 3 15:52:44 EST 2008

I used POR-15 on my floor pans and Eastwood on my front trunk.  It has been
a few years, but I cannot tell if there is any real difference in the
protection.  With our garage-kept cars, may be it won't ever make any real
difference.  YMMV.

I found that the POR-15 was a bit thinner and shinier.  The Eastwood was a
bit thicker and gloppier from the paint can and from the rattle cans.  I
would probably go with POR-15 for my next project.

Richard Barkley who used POR-15 extensively on the restoration of his
"Zonkey" Pantera said that if he had to do it over again that he would use
something else due to the pitting.