[DeTomaso] Distributor Recommendations????

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 10:51:29 EST 2008

I know there has not been total agreement on this forum about the lengths I'm going to ground the engine/distributor on my Pcar, but I don't see that it can hurt. I should have everything completed in that department today, and then (and only then) I'm ready for a new distributor. I've tried the Unilite (too delicate) and the MSD ready-to-run (too tall for the engine cover), and I'm concerned that the Duraspark won't give the necessary performance at 6K rpm that I need. Anyone want to offer a suggestion for a mild hydraulic cam, roller rocker 400+hp 351C that needs to push my '72 past 165mph?