[DeTomaso] Brake Fluid for ItBWild

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 18:49:10 EST 2008

Who said it was a silicone?
  Seems to be consensus that the Castrol is NOT silicone hence it shouldn't be a problem.

  thanks

  Dawg

JDeRyke at aol.com wrote:
  In a message dated 2/28/08 9:09:49 PM, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

  Looking for feedback (good or bad) on using high temp synthetic brake fluid in the Pantera.

     Why spend extra money on brakes? All they do is slow you down!<grin>
On synthetics: if you're talking of silicones, no one has any business running that stuff in a high performance car anywhere. Its dangerous! I won't run it in my clutch, let alone in the brakes.  If you're talking about Motul 660 mineral fluid, or something of that type, its fine... but IMHO unless you're track racing for money, you'll never notice the difference between Motul at $28 a pint and Autozone DOT-4 at $5 a pint. I change any brake fluids at least yearly. Good luck in the next event- J Deryke

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com