[DeTomaso] DeTomaso 50th anniversary reunion in Modena

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 00:57:35 EST 2008

Hi guys,

De Tomaso formed the company with his name in 1959; in celebration of the
50th anniversary, the Swedish De Tomaso Club is planning on hosting an
international meeting in Italy in May, 2009 (that's NEXT year, not this year).

I have received a preliminary schedule and pricing; they are planning on
accomodating 50-ish Americans who would be schlepped around in a tour bus.   The
last time we had such an affair, in 1996, 180 (!) Americans participated, and
there would have been even more if there had been adequate accomodations.

Depending upon the interest, if enough people committed to coming, the event
could expand to accomodate them; apparently lodging (which was the limiting
factor in 1996) has been dealt with and there is room for as many people as
would like to come.   That's the last word I got from Mats, at least.   By virtue
of the fact that we would be travelling by bus, there would have to enough
critical mass to justify an additional bus (or busses), i.e. if the bus holds 52
people, they're not going to get a second bus to accomodate 60 people.   But
if 90 people signed on, perhaps they would.

Here is a link to a five-page PDF file that shows the general plan, pricing
etc.

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/Modena2009.pdf

If you are interested in attending, do not, I repeat, do NOT tell me about
it!   I'm definitely going, but I'm not the guy who's organizing anything; I'm
just playing messenger boy.

Kjell Iseborn is the VP of the Swedish club; might as well start bombarding
him with e-mails instead.   His address is:  kjell.iseborn at telia.com

See you there!

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)