[DeTomaso] 302 diagnosis

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 00:32:08 EST 2008

I think the problem is finally sorted out. The winner is "Mangusta Steve"
Liebenow who figured valve adjustment. Backing off the adjustment just a bit
boosted the vacuum to 18hg. The motor ran strong and didn't die when it
heated up. I haven't had time for a real road test yet but it looks
promising. It was interesting adjusting the valves and watching the vacuum
gauge. Just a bit of over tightening would send the needle down. I guess
that spread over 16 valves added up to the vacuum loss! My adjustments were
all no more that a quarter turn off but it made all the difference. Thanks
to all that offered help!

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis

Checked by AVG Free Edition.