[DeTomaso] Spare Tire

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Wed Feb 27 16:39:20 EST 2008

The Mark VIII platform went to METRIC bolt pattern and lugs in 93. Mark VII stayed was last of 5x4.5" in that line.  At the same time or perhaps a tad sooner, the T-Bird and Taurus etc also went metric on their 5 lug patterns. In the darkest years, they were a 4 lug pattern....

The only cars that I am aware of that retained the 5x4.5 pattern were the Crown Vic's/Marquis/Town Car lines and the Mustangs.

You will find a nice lightweight magnesium non-collapsible spare in the large cars probably around 2000ish and up.  Many are aluminum too....  I have one MAG wheel and am looking for another....but I forgot why.....duh!

Steve