[DeTomaso] Shop Design

doug sedon sedond at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 10:51:42 EST 2008

a good reason to think twice about having a specialty shop attached to the house, or in the basement.  it's bad enough if you lose your shop/garage to a fire...

doug s.,

==============
Make sure you include a fire extinguisher and check it from time to tims.

I had a gas fire in my pantera engine bay.

I walked over, grabed the fire extinguisher, pulled the pin, squized the
handle and nothing.  It was dead.

Now I really have a problem because in the meantime the fire got larger, I
could have used my time better than getting a dead extinguisher.

Believe it or not I was mentally working on plan B, my truck was parked
behind the car, and then since it was a gas fire and all the gas burned up
it just went out.

I guess a clean engine bay without grease helps or maybe I was living right
that day.

Keep the extinguisher working.