[DeTomaso] 302 diagnosis

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 22:19:44 EST 2008

I’ve changed the fuel filter and there’s always gas in the carburetor.
After the engine dies, it will start back up and run as long as you keep the
throttle open so I don’t think that fuel delivery is the problem.

I tried the compression test again after squirting some oil in the
cylinders. No real difference, maybe about 5 psi at the most. I'm taking it
that the rings should be OK and the problem probably lies in the valves?
Can it be that the head gasket is not sealing the cylinders but not leaking
coolant or oil?  As with the thinking of others who have responded, its
funny that I’m getting low compression readings from all cylinders.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:19 PM