[DeTomaso] 302 diagnosis

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Feb 24 15:42:54 EST 2008

Dennis

I am presently rebuilding my engine.  Lobe and lifters wore down as partners
on intake 2,3&6.  I had low vacuum and didn't check compression, but since
the intakes were not opening, it had to be down.

Although, I suppose you checked the cam last time apart, the problem may
have occurred on start up.

We diagnosed mine by noticing the rocker arm wasn't moving to open the
valve.

JT