[DeTomaso] Fw: temp sending unit

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Feb 23 11:58:11 EST 2008

Dear Bill,

            Temperature sender in the tank?   I would strongly advise
disconnecting that suboptimal sender location.  Leave that one in the tank
to act as a plug or obtain a proper one.

             Go down to NAPA and obtain a temperature sender unit for the
351C block.   Beware as there are two types.  One is for an idiot light.
The other is for a temperature *gauge*, which is obviously what you need.
SOB's Pantera parts list probably has the specific NAPA part number.

             Screw the new temp gauge into the front of the block on the
right side just below and in front of the thermostat.  Place wire removed
from the unit on the tank and you should have a much more accurate reading
of water temperature in the engine block rather than in the coolant tank.

                                Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles