[DeTomaso] Tilt steering wheel

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 02:01:12 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/22/08 22 07 7, matt at nwpantera.com writes:

> Has anybody heard of a tilt steering wheel ever installed in a Pantera?
>
>>>I've seen one adapted into a Mangusta, which was brutalized in innumerable
other ways as well.   It had the complete dashboard and interior from a Buick
Riviera, the nose was lengthened by 14 inches using a scaffolding of
angle-iron covered in hammered steel sheet and bondo, fake wire wheel hubcaps were
attached to the campys by drilling holes in the wheels and screwing the hubcaps
to them...and that's just for starters.

> Would certainly make it easier for entry and exit and one or two
> adjustments might help the dual pod dash blind spot on the speedo and tach problem. Did
> the Capri offer that option or maybe other models that fit?
>
>>>Thankfully, no!

Removable steering wheel hubs are sold by most of the Pantera vendors,
though.