[DeTomaso] Aluminum 351 Block

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 21 21:55:28 EST 2008

I was referring specifically to Dart 9.2" aluminum blocks.  They're listed on their website, but I've heard they're hard to obtain (on backorder).

Dan J. summed up the block situation pretty well.

In my opinion, there are 4 choices for 9.2" blocks.

1. Original 351C (4-bolt,2-bolt,U.S.,Aussie, not much difference)
2. SVO cast iron (Dart too, but the SVO parts seem to be more prevalent - at least on e-bay)
3. Fontana aluminum (hard to obtain?)
4. Tod's new 351C aluminum block on the network54 forum.

I'm considering sending Tod a deposit for a block.  Anyone need a kidney?

Will.